Fancy a curry but don’t want to order another take out? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Our quick and easy Thai Green Curry is as good as take-out but with the added benefit of being healthy! Go on, give it a go.
Check out our Thai Green Curry recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (We use The Groovy Food Company Coconut Oil)
- 2 star anise
- 1 small aubergine, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- A handful of baby sweetcorn
- 1/2 x red pepper
- 1 handful of broccoli tender stems
- 2 x chicken breasts - diced
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch of basil - chopped
- 1/2 bunch of coriander - chopped
- 1 red chilli - remove seeds and chopped
1. Melt the coconut oil into a large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Fry the chicken breast for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Add the star anise, aubergine, broccoli and red pepper and fry for 3 minutes, then add in the curry paste and half the coconut milk and mix. Turn up the heat to high.
3. Add the rest of the coconut milk, then fill the tin with water, about 1/4 full. Add this to the pan.
4. Add the sweetcorn and bring the pan to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add in the fish sauce (tasting as you go – it has a very strong taste), the juice of the lime, the herbs and the chilli.
6. Serve in a curry bowl.